Editor for Manual Work Activities (ema)
imk automotive GmbH develops the "Editor for Manual Work Activities" (in short: "ema")
– a software product for planning and visualization of manual activities.
ema will solve the lack of modeling and simulating human work activities in the environment
of the digital factory. A tool should be created which optimizes the workflow in creating simulations
with a digital human model (DHM) driven by complex algorithms and which also connects to traditional
planning methods like Standard Time Measurements (STM) and ergonomics.
What are the benefits of our Editor for Manual Work Activities?
- control of digital human models (DHM) by using complex parametric task blocks
- intuitive and efficient user interface
- library filled with common ready to use task blocks, which are also customizable
- process time calculation based on Standard Time Measurements methods
- dramatic reduction of necessary DHM simulation creation efforts
Our research work aims for the completition of the necessary models for the digital factory
Advanced human motion models will create the link between visual representation and methodical
investigations. The motions delivered by the DHM are primarily used for plausibility checks and for
the verification of the time estimations. However ergonomics and industrial safety aspects of workplace and
task configuration are more and more brought into focus as well.