Volkswagen Group of America, Chattanooga plant, Manufacturing Planning/ I.E.
Ergonomic workplace design for prototype ramp-up of entire Volkswagen Chattanooga plant
- Ergonomic evaluation of all manual work processes in Assembly, Bodyshop, Paintshop, and Logistics
- Documentation according to internal guidelines and requirements status visualization on “Ergonomic Map”
- Development of counter measures – to improve ergonomic conditions (e.g., equipment and tool design, part redesign, work process optimization)
- Follow-up workshops to test and facilitate the ergonomic improvement
- Implementation of counter measures
- Status tracking and regular reporting in high-level management meetings